Pinar del Rio
Exploring Pinar del Rio Cuba
Pinar del Rio Cuba is a city located in the province of the same name, the westernmost of the Cuban archipelago. In this area is the largest production of tobacco, which makes it the center of the cigar industry, with 80% of total production.
The development of the City of Pinar del Rio Cuba begins with the area where the Guamá River is located and the site is named after this river and the pine groves on its banks by the Cabildo de la Habana on July 19, 1641.
In its beginnings it consisted of a primitive neighborhood that included a reduced number of constructed houses in the surroundings of the roads Down and of the South, today named Gerardo Medina and Isabel Rubio.
The farmhouse located on the banks of the River Guamá at the end of the seventeenth century begins to grow and in 1750 and consisted of a town framed by this river and the Arroyo Galiano, and its climax was the Independence Park where it was built in 1764 the parish church of the party of San Rosendo de Pinar del Rio Cuba.
- Casa de la Cultura Municipal Pedro Junco
- Galería “Arturo Regueiro”
- Museo “Antonio Guiteras”
- Museo “13 de Marzo”
- El Parque de la Independencia
- Fábrica de Guayabita
- El Palacio de Guasch
- Casa de Cultura Pedro Junco
- Teatro José Jacinto Milanés
- Casa del Ron
- Fabrica de tabaco Francisco Donatién
- Centro Provincial de Artes Visuales
House of Rum of Pinar del Rio Cuba
La Casa del Ron is a modern 20th century building. Recently incorporated into the tourist activity, it is possible to taste any of the prestigious brands of Cuban rum. It also offers star products such as coffee, tobacco itself, symbol of the region. Souvenirs born of identity, and a rich catalogue of Cuban music in which groups and famous names are registered.
Francisco Donatién Tobacco Factory
The Francisco Donatien Tobacco Factory is located in one of the busiest areas of the legendary Máximo Gómez Street. This is one of the emblematic constructions of the 9th century Pinar del Río architecture. At the entrance of this construction that seduces everyone by the smell of tobacco leaves, it is possible to find the Estanco l. shop and in front of it the Casa del Habano where the visitor will be able to delight with an assorted register of vitolas of the most recognized brands, at the same time that he will have the occasion to take with him some souvenir or any other object belonging to the universe of tobacco.
José Jacinto Milanese Theatre
On 28 November 1898, it ceased to be called Teatro Lope de Vega and a new History began, that of the Teatro Milanes. The Theatre, where the greatest festivities of the City were held, offers on this day a banquet and dance of honour to the mambises generals Juan Lorente de la Rosa and his companion General Antonio Varona. Don Félix del Pino y Díaz, occupying the turn of speaker in one of the speeches of the official banquet, pointed out that having concluded the war, he would like to call his theater by the name of a Cuban playwright who had always been of his predilection and without more, toasted for the theater that would henceforth bear the name of the matancero poet José Jacinto Milanés.
Information about Pinar del Rio Cuba